Caught in the act

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowleopard

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2009
Last evening, after dinner, the boy and the cat and the dog and I were ranged around the stove.

Son pointed out that the cat was licking the dog's paw. I looked over in time to see the dog licking the cats head.

Lo, how the mighty cat-hater has fallen.

Hey snow...did you ever get to naming that cat?
If not, me thinks it is time.... :lol:

Spartacus is an entirely under used name for pets....so are Paulo, and Grendel (this one maybe for obvious reasons). When in doubt....choose from Star Wars characters (I have 3 cats: Yoda, Wicket, Moxerella Cheese <--not a Star Wars name)

Moxerella cheese?????? :-/
That's a weird name Del.....maybes you are a fan of the Polly O string mozzerella stickx? I love them...eat em every day! %-P

Webmaster said:
GAMMA RAY said:
That's a weird name Del.....maybes you are a fan of the Polly O string mozzerella stickx? I love them...eat em every day! %-P

Do ya buy them 50 at a time at Costco? Cheap.

No Costco here....we have a Sam's club but I let my membership lapse.
I should renew my membership come to think of it.

I will only eat the Polly-O brand...there is no substitute.... ;-)

GAMMA RAY said:

I am a fan of string cheese. It is a weird name...the 2 are unrelated. Named her Moxie...added the middle name of Cheese cuz it sounds good..in order to make it all work...Moxerella Cheese...Yoda's middle name is Shoes, Yoda Shoes. Wicket Toes (he has double paws)...all pet animals need middle names.

I do not shop at Costco...I cannot eat in bulk. :lol:

Nope, every name I come up with my daughter nixes, and every name she comes up with I shoot down. I'm liking Spartacus, but have a feeling that DD won't. DD goes for girly, ribbon-y, lacy names, which I feel does not sufficiently acknowledge the predator in the cat.

I'm still partial to Rhabnu7, which she typed one day.

Our dog is Kiara. Middle name is Maria Theresa Louise. Seems a little unbalanced, I know. Cat is still `the cat'.

BTW, now that she is forbidden to walk on the keyboard, she jumps back and forth over it instead. Which is actually more distracting and annoying, plus I think she is showing off.

How about Snow?
Short and sweet.... ;-)

Or Pan? That might fit her personality better . . .

snowleopard said:
Or Pan? That might fit her personality better . . .

Pan would be a cool name snow..... :)

GAMMA RAY said:
I will only eat the Polly-O brand...there is no substitute.... ;-)

As if you thought I would eat any other brand......
"$7.69 Kraft polly-o string cheese 48 1oz sticks (16c each)"

Cheap, I say!

We used to be addicted to the real Armenian String cheese with the seeds in it. Even poly-o is way behind the real thing.

But for convenience, you can't beat those sticks.

Webmaster said:
Delta-T said:
I do not shop at Costco...I cannot eat in bulk. :lol:

Me either...but our daughter and hubby have an account, so we get our string cheese and mango juice and some oranges when they go!

I have heard that you can buy the "silver" (senior) vitamins really cheap there too.....maybes you can git yours there :lol: :lol: :coolsmile:
J/K Craig...could not resist.. ;-)

So I googled chocolate cranberry tart and found this recipe: http://www.letsdishrecipes.com/2010/12/cranberry-dark-chocolate-holiday-pie.html

Dinner a few nights ago was a roast chicken that was good enough to drive across town for on the way home from work. Served leftovers later of sliced chicken served with mayo, wasabi, and cranberry sauce. Delicious. All of the above flavors are required to make this work.

Similar to this thread . . .

ETA: although to be fair, the cranberry dark chocolate tart was referenced in another thread. I just enjoy the random meandering ones like this . . .

Sounds like neither the dog or cat can hold their licker
grinning-smiley-031.gif

snowleopard said:
So I googled chocolate cranberry tart and found this recipe: http://www.letsdishrecipes.com/2010/12/cranberry-dark-chocolate-holiday-pie.html

Dinner a few nights ago was a roast chicken that was good enough to drive across town for on the way home from work. Served leftovers later of sliced chicken served with mayo, wasabi, and cranberry sauce. Delicious. All of the above flavors are required to make this work.

Similar to this thread . . .

ETA: although to be fair, the cranberry dark chocolate tart was referenced in another thread. I just enjoy the random meandering ones like this . . .

Geez, that's more complex that what I did. I took a pie crust, dumped some cranberries, sugar and chocolate chips in it and baked until done. I don't do the recipe thing when concocting, I just go with it. That sounds good though...

My dog's "middle" name is McBarksALotVonWiggles. Yeah, she barks a lot and when she's excited her whole body wiggles.

My last cat's name was Cheyanne, Chey for short.

snowleopard said:
Last evening, after dinner, the boy and the cat and the dog and I were ranged around the stove.

Son pointed out that the cat was licking the dog's paw. I looked over in time to see the dog licking the cats head.

Lo, how the mighty cat-hater has fallen.

My last dog used to "chew" (lightly) on the one cat. The other cat beat the crud out of her when she tried.

Murphy's middle name is Osama.

'Nuff said.

Michelle got her name because I found her little kitten self hiding around here during the summer of the 2008 elections. Solid black kitty so it got named Barack. After we got closer to each other after a while I noticed I needed to change the name to Michelle. Shot records say Michelle but she has been called Little Bit from day one.

BrotherBart said:
Michelle got her name because I found her little kitten self hiding around here during the summer of the 2008 elections. Solid black kitty so it got named Barack. After we got closer to each other after a while I noticed I needed to change the name to Michelle. Shot records say Michelle but she has been called Little Bit from day one.

I remember that. We had a little black kitten show up here at that time if you remember.
I think we called it Obama. Poor little guy didn't last too long. I hope that's not an omen.

Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.