CB 1200i Start-up Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clunk

Jun 24, 2008
Eastern Ma
I'm having a start-up issue with my Quad CB1200i. I seems to be dumping way too many pellets into the firepot in startup mode only. The flame gets alarmingly huge. Once it gets past startup mode it runs great. Any others have this issue?

Mine does the same thing......I don't think it is any big deal....I suspect it is normal.

mralias, does it fill about 1/3 of the firpot with pellets? It just seems like way more than necessary to me. (well, maybe it's not 1/3 but it's a lot)

Check your feed rate slider. I usually start out fully closed then pull up about 1/4". That is usually a good setting. This will reduce flames during a normal burn also but its the only thing I can think of that would effect how many pellets get dropped during startup.

Mine fills almost to the second row of holes on the slanted plate. It flares up on every restart, owners manual states it is normal. I have never been concerned, on start up the heat exchanger needs all the heat is can muster.

I think I have the feed rate adjusted right as the flame seems perfect when it's running. My wife says I shouldn't worry about it; since your stoves do the same thing I guess I should be listening to her!

Your right, adjust the flame on high and everything else will fall in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.