CB1200-I Installation Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arking1

May 29, 2008
Long Island, NY
I just got my new 1200I and started to read the owners manual and I am confused about one thing. I am installing the insert into a masonry fireplace and I want to use the vertical vent. Do I hook up my vent pipe directly to the fitting on bottom corner of the stove or do I need a top vent kit? In the installation video they only show a free standing stove being installed and they are using top vent kit.

Thanks

The answer is yes and no. You do connect you SS flex pipe to the bottom of the stove. 3” should connect direct and 4” pipe if your using that will need a reducer. You will also need to install the vent kit capping at the top of the chimney to keep the rain out of the pipe. Did mine a few months ago. Don’t forget to use high temp silicon in the righ places. If you have to cut the SS pipe be careful. It will slice your hand real easy. Good luck.

You can use the top vent kit which makes it easier to install sometimes but it is only required if installing as a built-in unit using the rear shroud. I have complained that the pellet manuals are very confusing and lack detail for actual insert installs... but they have not updated them yet.

Thanks for the information. Even the DVD that comes with the unit only shows a freestanding stove being installed. It would be nice to have the DVD show the product you buy being installed.

Thanks again for your help
Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.