CB1200i...first issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PAV1

Feb 11, 2010
Northern, NJ
Ok..my cb1200i is less than a year old..about a ton and a half..cleaned after every 3 bags. Did my chimney thisbyear and it has been running perfectly this season..probably 8 bags through it already.

I cleaned it this afternoon..vacum and cleaned glass..upon first fire about 3 hours later the thing goes crazy. Huge out of control flame and smoke. I pulled plug to stop auger..let fire slow..then plugged it in to run exhaust with no issue.

Now firebox is black..i tried to start and it seems like too many pellets droppin in..Thoughts?

You may want to clean out the hopper and make sure it is not stuck open. You may also want to take off auger cover and make sure nothing is out of place there. Let us know if you find a problem or a solution.

Seems to be running fine..maybe it was the new cleaner i used in the glas..i always use windex..today i tried method multi purpose cleaner..thoughts??

lol...

When you cleaned the liner did you do it from the top down? Sometimes if you use a brush from the bottom one can plug the rain cap with ash, etc... and you would never know it.

Pop the clean out in back of the motor and see if anything made it's way down. Black inside means not enough air flow. Something is pluggin it up.

PAV1 said:
Seems to be running fine..maybe it was the new cleaner i used in the glas..i always use windex..today i tried method multi purpose cleaner..thoughts??

Just a wet paper towel and then a dry one works just fine for me. No sense spraying something on there that will leave a residue to be burned on later. This is the second year of doing it like this. I think others will also concur.

Status
Not open for further replies.