cb1200i,removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corkman

Minister of Fire
Dec 3, 2009
SE,Mass
i just bought a used cb1200 insert.it was listed this morning on Boston craigslist and i was 1st one there to see it. i left a deposit and will go back in the next couple days to remove it.how do i go about removing it.i can see where the 3" liner is attatched to the stove on the left side.there are 3 screws holding it in place and it is sealed with rtv.the liner is not going with the stove so i will need to purchase that seperately.once i disconnect the liner from the stove does the whole unit slide out as one or do i have to disconnect the surround.if so what is the procedure for that.
this thing is clean as a whistle.it was made in 2010 but bought new and installed by a dealer just last year.less than 20 bags thru it.sawit go thru start up and shut down with no issues.

Er.....Sawzall....

Dynamite...

Work Elves.......

J/K No Idea but congrats on new purchase.
---Nailer---

1200i Manual. http://www.mortonsstoves.com/wp-content/uploads/Quadra-Fire-CB1200-i-Manual-.pdf. I suggest you give it a look. For the most part slide the unit out on to a dolly. You should only have to unplug from the outlet, two snap clips that hold the 3" venting to the stove (remove the coupling from inside the 3" pipe and take it with you) and it will come right out. I would remove the panel set before I transported it. Make sure you give it a good cleaning before you use it. Congrats and good luck.

PS: In the image below I put an arrow where one of the clips are. The other is on the opposite back side.

Attachments

• clip.jpg
    clip.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 147
thanks guys.i was able to get stove out easy enough.thanks Mralias for the tips.i opened up the snap clips as you suggested but the coupling didnt want to seperate from the stove so i just removed the screws and rtv and was able to seperate the liner from the stove.its been sitting in my shed since tues.way too cold to be out there working on it.

my plan is to srtip the stove and clean it from top to bottom before bringing it in to the house.i would appreciate any info on this as ive never worked on a quad before.

one thing i did notice when i saw the stove running before i bought it was a slight whistling sound as the stove was starting up.i was thinking maybe a leak somewhere.
a couple days later when i went back to remove the stove i noticed the small piece of glass on the right side was covered in black ash.the left and center pieces were good.
after i got the stove home i did the dollar bill test on the door.it is good everywhere except for the bottom right corner of the center glass.there is no resistance whatsoever.
when i go to close the door the door does not line up with the interlocking piece on the stove.i have to raise it up probably 1/2" to get them to line up.is there an adjustment i can make to improve this.i noticed the gasket on the whole door compresses nicely against the stove but hasnt compressed at all in this area

any tips on the install.i am considering doing it myself.does anyone have outside air running to their quad insert .if so what route did you take

any suggestions on a liner and a cap and where to buy.want to do this once so dont want to cut any corners

should i run an outlet inside the fireplace or install one next to the fireplace
thank you in advance,peace

Status
Not open for further replies.