CB6048-What's your Temp set at?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulybagger

Sep 3, 2008
Scotland,CT
I have a CB6048 which I'm very very happy with. I have the temp at the boiler set at 190 which made a big differance in the burn cycles. It heats up much faster I think. Also helps dry wood if it's a little on the green side. Anyone run there boiler at the 195 degree point? I'm debating kicking it up.

Buring a CB5036. Had been running temp. at 165, but have increased it to 175 cause of outdoor temp's being in the teens. I am also very happy with mine. My burn times have been at least 12-14 hours!!!! with ZERO PROPANE

This is my first year with CB. Have you'll had any problems. Anything I might keep an eye out for??? Only problem i've had is that my 6-plate exchangers on my water heaters don't seem to provide enough hot water without also using propane to help. Not for sure what's up. I did have alot of build-up in w-heaters when i was doing the install. Is it possible they are getting plugged?? I would really like to valve out gas to w-heaters(in winter) while i'm burning the CB. And also it's nice to chat with some regular CB users. I wasn't all that well informed of all the newer better epa rated owb's while shopping.. thanks guys!!!!

And about burn times..Last nite we had outdoor temps of 12-19 degrees during the burn cycle. I filled boiler (3/4 full) at 8:00pm and still had wood burning at 11:00am next day. CB5036 Heating 2500 total sq ft (house and beauty shop) and 2 w-heaters... Suppost to be -1 degrees tonite!!!!! later!!

logburner said:
This is my first year with CB. Have you'll had any problems. Anything I might keep an eye out for??? Only problem i've had is that my 6-plate exchangers on my water heaters don't seem to provide enough hot water without also using propane to help. Not for sure what's up. I did have alot of build-up in w-heaters when i was doing the install. Is it possible they are getting plugged?? I would really like to valve out gas to w-heaters(in winter) while i'm burning the CB. And also it's nice to chat with some regular CB users. I wasn't all that well informed of all the newer better epa rated owb's while shopping.. thanks guys!!!!

This is my first season also. So far no problems. I have a 40 plate heat exchanger on my system. I have hydronic heat and a 100 gallon boiler mate for my hot water and the 40 plate exchanger keeps up with everything. I have never run out of hot water. I doubt your exchanger is plugged up since this is the first year being used. Maybe you need a bigger heat exchanger?

Status
Not open for further replies.