Cedar stump table

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy Billy

Minister of Fire
Dec 10, 2008
Britton MI
This is a really cool table my friend Gary UP north made. The base is a hollow cedar stump (so it would be lighter) All the posts for the chair came from cedar trees off of my property that I bulldozed over making my trails. The table top is white cedar too which he cut and planed himself.

27776_1228369524327_1681757389_429814_5486617_n.jpg

27776_1228371124367_1681757389_429815_3840527_n.jpg

Billy

Cowboy Billy said:
This is a really cool table my friend Gary UP north made. The base is a hollow cedar stump (so it would be lighter) All the posts for the chair came from cedar trees off of my property that I bulldozed over making my trails. The table top is white cedar too which he cut and planed himself.

Looks Awesome!

Thanks Jay

I wish I had talent like that!!!

Billy

Your friend does VERY nice work!! That is beautiful!!

Thanks Man of Sthil

I am kinda jealous myself!

Billy

Cowboy Billy said:

Billy
Amazing!

That is quite a beauty. Nice work.

Having furniture made from trees from your own yard is great, and it is beautiful work too.

Very nice. If he dont do that full time, maybe he should. Looks like something Cobelas would sell.

I have no idea how he kept it from splitting. I do know it was a hollow tree and he dug around it with a excavator before pulling it out. He did say the root flare and most of the fluting was under ground and he had to clean off dirt and small roots before taking the bark off.

I was surprised at how nice the grain turned out up there its mainly used as fence posts or ruff cut siding. I am thinking of having some of mine cut tongue and groove and using it for interior paneling.

Billy

Thats way more than cool! :coolsmile:

The Tree Reclaimer (Zap)

That looks completely awesome. I wonder how in the heck he cut the base flat and square. If I did that, it would wobble like a rocking horse.

Hi Jags

I forgot how he marked it out. But he used a powered hand planer to finish getting it flat.

Billy

Cowboy Billy said:
Hi Jags

I forgot how he marked it out. But he used a powered hand planer to finish getting it flat.

Billy

That fella seems to be a seriously talented wood worker.

Status
Not open for further replies.