Celebrating Tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations!!!

Throw all your fines on the floor and start square dancing. :)

Which brand are you moving onto?

Hope to get a ton this weekend for a group of us to try. Supposedly fixed problems, we'll see what happens. $215/ton at the mill

I am now using energex and barefoot, both I am very happy with. I know Maine Woods have made changes and the new batch is supposed to be better. This is great, but I think their reputation has been damaged. The point that everyone fails to miss is that they sold a poor product and called it premium. I think they saw an opportunity to fill the void and pushed the product at to soon.

hossthehermit said:
Hope to get a ton this weekend for a group of us to try. Supposedly fixed problems, we'll see what happens. $215/ton at the mill
That is the price they gave me also.
Wish I lived closer to the plant!! about 70 miles away
They will swap old for new. Will probably burn the rest this Winter.
Our stove is managing through it. Good heat.
I would like to give them another chance. Wish we had a dealer close by.

fireitup said:
I am now using energex and barefoot, both I am very happy with. I know Maine Woods have made changes and the new batch is supposed to be better. This is great, but I think their reputation has been damaged. The point that everyone fails to miss is that they sold a poor product and called it premium. I think they saw an opportunity to fill the void and pushed the product at to soon.

I definitely agree, reputation is now crap, they marketed WAY too soon. Group at work had already bought a trailer load of Pennington by the time the mill started, glad we did, or might have ended up with those. As it is, 5 of us will get 10 bags each, at a good price if they burn, and get a feel for if we can cut a deal for a trailerload if we like 'em. If we don't like 'em, we'll stay away from 'em, and we won't be out much. We would really like to support a Maine business if we can, we're mill workers, too.

fireitup said:
The champagne is chilled and the beer is on ice. I just finished using the last bag of Maine Woods Pellets a.k.a Athens.
Let the party begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! I'll have a beer for you here too. :)

congrats, doesn't that heat feel great?

Status
Not open for further replies.