Cell Phone Sim Card reader

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjr23

Nov 2, 2009
Eastern WA
I would like to back up my cell phone (Doro 345) phone book to my computer. This model of phone doesn't have a USB connection. I've seen sim card readers on line but they generally don't get very good reviews. Has anyone tried using a sim card reader, good/bad? I lost all my numbers because I didn't know in the phone menu you had to select "save to sim". I had removed the sim card before sending phone in for replacement but when I installed in new phone there was nothing on it. Also the old card installed in new phone would not call as it couldn't be initialized by the network. This cell phone stuff is over the top complicated. bjr23

One Solution is check with your phone company. Some of them offer backing up your contacts/phone book on their system. So once you change phones, it automatically loads it on there.

Do you have a way to connect your phone to your PC with a USB cable?

I used a program once called "bitpim" or something like that to suck my contacts out of an old cell phone and save them as a CSV file.

Dunno if your phone is supported by that program, but it could be worth a shot!

-SF

No USB ports, this is a very option free phone. I'll just have bite the bullet and throw $20 at one of the little card readers and see what happens. All the review I've read were a couple of years old, so, I thought that by now there would be some good readers with decent software would be available. bjr23

Status
Not open for further replies.