Cellulosic Ethanol

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing, too! All those green SUVs with the Flexfuel emblems are getting on my nerves...

Chris

Just wait and see what that does to the price of hay, horse ranches, small farms and the like. On the other hand all that rough pasture just sitting there is going to become a gold mine and at least get put to use. They are already knocking down a lot of tree lines to expand corn fields around here. At least with hay you get a couple crops a year even here in the Tundra and you really don't have to do any special fertilizing and planting to speak of. My field hasn't been planted since 1980 and it still grows decent hay with no maintenance other than horses crapping in it and mowing once a year. It is going to suck for folks who board horses though as the prices for hay is going to go like oil.................Even now for some reason they are shipping truck loads of hay from Quebec all the way to Florida and California. I can't figure how they even break even with diesel at around 5 bucks.

A side benefit of mowing and harvesting those old fields, fence lines, CRP land, wetlands, etc., is that we won't have to bother with those damn, noisy song birds, squirrels, pheasants, ducks, rabbits, deer, grouse, doves, frogs, toads, salamanders, and all other living things except wonderful human beings, who are moving as a herd to the final destruction of the natural systems upon which we depend for our own survival -- all for the sake of wasteful, excessive, and exploitive greed.

Status
Not open for further replies.