Cement firebox floor removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotted Owl

Nov 5, 2009
Oregon, coast range
A friend brought over his stove this weekend, he knows I like Fisher so he thought I could help.
His stove has cement in the bottom and the side bricks are cemented in. The side bricks have seen better days. They need to be changed badly. To do that the cement is in the way. What is the best way to remove this cement cleanly without damage to the stove. The plan is to get the cement out and re brick to whole stove. Never tried to remove this junk in a stove before is there a way that is better than another?

Any help, thoughts or ideas you may have would be great

Thanks

Owl

If you have a air compressor i would try a air chisel gun,they are only $30 bucks
at HF or northern tool.

Depending on how they have them a crowbar might work to, if you can get under a lip and pull on it, it should come out easy. Just use a hammer and a chisel to crack the refractory cement, once you get a hole started you can work out from that. The bottom is always fun, that is where that air chisel is going to come in handy, don't really worry about messing the stove up, those Fishers are built like a tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.