CEMI Concept II install and operation questions, help please...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CK1950

Oct 13, 2011
Wichita, KS
Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to this forum and to a wood stove. I just recently got a CEMI Concept II insert that is in great condition for it's age. I am wonder if this is a good stove to use? Our house was built in 1936 so we are having a liner installed in the chimney and a custom made direct connect boot to hook on to the stove. The fireplace has a existing gas line that is capped off and didn't know if this should be a concern and removed? Our house is about 1700sf on the main level and the fireplace is in the center of the house, we also have a fully finished basement but the stove will be on the main level. I am wondering if this stove would heat the house or at least the main level? I also have a cord of hedge wood, I have been reading this wood burns really hot, but wondering if it is a good choice for this stove and if so is there anything I should look out for?

Thanks for everyone help!
Cliff

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to this forum and to a wood stove. I just recently got a CEMI Concept II insert that is in great condition for it's age. I am wonder if this is a good stove to use? Our house was built in 1936 so we are having a liner installed in the chimney and a custom made direct connect boot to hook on to the stove. The fireplace has a existing gas line that is capped off and didn't know if this should be a concern and removed? Our house is about 1700sf on the main level and the fireplace is in the center of the house, we also have a fully finished basement but the stove will be on the main level. I am wondering if this stove would heat the house or at least the main level? I also have a cord of hedge wood, I have been reading this wood burns really hot, but wondering if it is a good choice for this stove and if so is there anything I should look out for?

Thanks for everyone help!
Cliff

CK1950: Do you have a picture of your adaptor boot that goes from the rectangular Concept II to the round SS pipe. I have a Concept II Cemi and 2 places have told me I have to scrap it and buy a new insert and pipe for $4000. Who did you get to make yours or did you buy it? I am baffled as to what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.