1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. st1313eve

st1313eve New Member

Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Hi,
    I just bought a house and it has two wood burning stoves in it. One was a Woodsman that we have sold, and the other is a smaller CEMI "Mini Indy" model. I have been trying to look up some details about this stove online, but I can't find anything. Does anyone know anything about it? How much might it be worth? Thanks.
    -Steve

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Fsappo

Fsappo Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central NY
  3. st1313eve

st1313eve New Member

Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks, but mine is a small free-standing unit not an insert. It looks like the company is no longer in existence though which is probably why I'm having such a hard time finding info on it. I'm just trying to get an idea of what it might be worth if I try to sell it too. I was thinking around $400, but I don't know if that is reasonable or not.
    -Steve
  4. Wood Heat Stoves

Wood Heat Stoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nevada City, California
    Usually the best thing to do when trying to come up with a price for a used stove if you have no other information on it is to look for similar stoves in the local newspaper classifieds to see what similar stoves are going for.
  5. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    400 sounds high for something that was not a major brand nor well known...buy, hey, these things are worth whatever someone agrees to pay! Lots of folks would give away a stove like that for the hauling....
  6. Fsappo

Fsappo Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central NY
    Try painting it up and listing it for $400. Like Craig says, its worth what someone will pay. May do better waiting until fall.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.