Central Boiler Maxium M250 Smoke/Smell questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roveer

Oct 4, 2014
Northern, NJ
I've been looking at the Maxim M250 Pellet boiler and was wondering about the amount of smoke/smell they produce. The biggest thing holding me back from investing in any kind of wood boiler (wood or pellet) has been the amount of smoke and smell it would produce. I live in a neighborhood of 3 acre homes and probably have 250 feet between my house and my neighbors.

I posted on another forum and got 2 responses that the Maxim burns with very little smoke smell. Can anyone add their comments to this. I haven't had the opportunity to see one of these in action and hope I will be able to. On paper it looks very compelling. I visited a dealer this week with one of my clients (we build homes) and speaking to the CB dealer was told that he installs these boilers in very close proximity neighborhoods and smoke/smell is non-existent. I took this with a grain of salt figure it was dealer talk. I'd really like to hear from those who either own or have seen this boiler.

Looking forward to anything you might have to offer.

Roveer

Status
Not open for further replies.