Central Heat Boiler - Furnace Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of us have forced air heat and air conditioning through ducts.

If one whet with a boiler, can the existing duct work be used and forced air? When I think of a boiler, it brings images of big buildings that have radiant heat, like schools.

Seems to me, if one wanted to heat from a central location that the wood furnace would be the best option - unless you can use the existing duct work.

Most of all homes around me do not have radiant heat.

Yes it is very simple. You put one of these in your plenum and use you furnace fan. It gives you very controled even heat and your furnace works as back up. Thousands of people with outdoor boilers have done this.

Also if you are going to use a boiler for heat then be sure and use it to heat your dhw. very easy as you use a side arm heat exchanger. It will save you a ton of money.
leaddog

Status
Not open for further replies.