Central heating smell

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mfern

Dec 12, 2014
MA
Hi I am new to the site and am hoping some of you can help me out . I bought a modular home and it was set last week and now I am in the process of purchasing an Opel 3. I want to hook it up to my central heating system but my builder told me yesterday that the electrician was telling him he did a house that had their stove hooked up and they hated it because of the smell. Is this something anyone could help me with?

Thank you!!!

Smell of what? There should be no smoke intrusion so the smell must be of something hot? Dunno, I am not sure I am following.

Smell of what? There should be no smoke intrusion so the smell must be of something hot? Dunno, I am not sure I am following.

The smell that came from the duct work when the unit was turned on. I have not gotten to speak with the electrician myself yet to get specifics as to what type of smell it was all I know so far was that the builder said they ended up removing the central heating option. I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced any negatives with having the central heating option hooked up to the opel 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.