Central IL Prairie Weather

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdchief

Minister of Fire
Nov 24, 2009
Tuscola, IL
myplace.frontier.com
IMG_20120323_154806.jpg

Don't need a fire right now, just a storm cellar!

What came of that Steve, if your still out there?
Well, it passed with only some pea sized hail, moderate winds. But it had the potential for rotation, and had me a little worried. Rough spring for IL so far.

Glad your ok Steve that looks down right freaky! Is the storm on top of your home?

Pete

Glad your ok Steve that looks down right freaky! Is the storm on top of your home?

Pete
Pete, no but close. I am in charge of weather spotting and warning siren activation for our city and I was watching this one closely.

Pete, no but close. I am in charge of weather spotting and warning siren activation for our city and I was watching this one closely.

Let me rephrase that I am glad your city is ok Steve ;ex

Pete

Let me rephrase that I am glad your city is ok Steve ;ex

Pete
Pete, thanks for now. It looks like it is going to be a bad spring. Hope not, but so far, pretty bad for as early as it is. I see where FEMA denied Southern IL federal disaster aid.......WTH, what does it take......over 400 homes destroyed. <> OK, Ash Can stuff....I will shut up.

That is a sad situation for sure Steve but thank goodness we live in the USA ! A good buddy of mine went down with his church to volunteer and was turned away because there where so many volunteers from around the country flooding in. Got to love the American spirit !

Pete

Reactions: tfdchief
Even in a still shot, my first thought was that it looked like you had some rotation going on there.

Looked pretty nasty!

-SF

Status
Not open for further replies.