century ,englander stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hounddog

Dec 27, 2007
minnesota
im curious on prices , englander 30nc 1039.00 at home depot
century ,not sure model, but 2000 btu 400.00 at lowes
why is the century so much cheaper is it a bad stove,
what do ya all think of century stoves?

Look at them again and check the weight difference and the thickness of the steel.

I was thinking of the century as well but decided to take brother bart`s advice and keep my old beast. The century is cheaper for a reason-lighter and only 3/16 steel.

At $400.00, that century isn't a bad deal.

I know you can get a 30-NC for less than that. Some of the folks here have found them at overstockstoves.com for less.

I found mine on craigslist, brand new, for $550.

The englander is a great stove, and their customer service seems to be hard to beat.

-SF

I bought the Century 2,200 sq ft model and took at back to Lowes for the Engalnder 30. Englander is a better stove but many people have had good luck with the Century. Take a look at both owners manual. The Century is pretty much the Dutchwest (on Vermont castings website). Englander is a real manual for what that is worth, not 2 pages....

Are the those Century stoves at Lowe's 35 to 1 stoves? Or are they non-cat EPA stoves?

-SF

i never looked at the century close up , this is all on the net. the prices were off the internet also , englander at home depot and century at lowes , i personally would buy the englander because of all the good reports found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.