Century FW300011 Installed and running Read Me Please!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bartlett920

Feb 15, 2008
Fort Scott Kansas
Well got my new Century fired up today and boy does that paint stink!!!!!!!! I know I have a draft problem mainly because it was to slick to put the last piece of pipe on. I ll fix that tomm. when the ice melts. It seems to be burning fairly well even though I just built a little fire to start curing with. I have 6 feet of single wall to the support box and then 6 feet of Dura plus in the attic and out the roof (soon to be 9 feet tomm) I keep going to the attic and checking the pipe but it never gets hot!!!!! Does triple wall not get hot on the outside??? I got the stove pretty hot and the smoke detector went off I think it is either the paint or residual smoke from when I stoked it!!!! No fire anywhere that I see I shut the air control down. Is that how I should run it after I have good coals and flame?

I am kind of scared of getting it to hot I do not have a therm. yet and dont want to start a house fire or something crazy like that. All of my clearances are good but I am still a little hesitant. Newbie I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.