Century FW300011

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bartlett920

Feb 15, 2008
Fort Scott Kansas
I just ordered a Century FW300011 for a house that is around 1000 square foot I was wondering how well this will heat my house? I also ordered Dura Vent Dura plus class A chimney and basic installation kit to go through my attic and roof I figured I would just get black single wall locally for the stove to the ceiling support box. Sound alright so far? This stove does not have the blower I was thinking of just using a fan for now since my house is small and the blowers are like $119 because everywhere that had them for $62 are sold out!!!!!*^&&*(^(* I cut about 4 cords of 2 year old seasoned hedge and Hickory and have them stored awaiting the arrival of my new stove!!!! I hope Hedge is not to hot for this stove? What is the difference between the FW300011 and the FW300010? The stove and pipe should be here tomm. and I am anxious!!!

Thanx
Hedgeburner

that stove should handle your house if even rudimentally insulated , its a pretty good unit. should do ok , as for the piping , if you have to run more than 10 ft inside the room to the support box you should use double wall from the stove to the ceiling box, also check your clearances in the footprint you have chosen for the unit before you get happy with the sawzall measure once , check twice, then proceed. give us a yell if you have q's , we'll help ya

Don't get too anxious and take your time installing the stove. It should do a great heating job for ya. Like Mike said, come here and ask questions so you install it safely and get the most heat for your buck and labor.

I am a carpenter so I definitely will measure twice and cut once. I only have about five feet from the stove to the ceiling and it is a straight shot up so I should be alright.... right? and does the dura plus fit inside of the ceiling support box or is the box enclosed? I appreciate all of the help and concern!! This is an awesome site. Its nice to know where I can go for advice!!!

Thanks
Justin aka Hedgeburner

I was also wondering if there were aftermarket blowers for these stoves that are reasonably priced? I think the Vogelzang blowers are about the same.

I just got my stove about an hour ago and have it in position now just waiting for the pipe and chimney stuff to get here!!!! Thanks for the input!!!!
Go Kansas

Status
Not open for further replies.