Century Hearth replacement firebrick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cazimere

Oct 29, 2007
Delmarva
I have a CH Model: FW300010 that i use to completely heat my home. Haven't turned on the baseboard heat since i installed it.
(Thats been 4 years) Looking at replacing the firebrick next year. Can i get it from the factory or do i need to go through Lowes ?
Thanks in advance, for any help : ) Caz

Attachments

• IMG_3144 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3144 (Small).JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 363
Did you measure the brick size? Typical stock bricks are 4x8 and 4.5x9 - about 1 1 /4 thick. Most stoves have a couple pieces (cut) also. These sizes are easily available at masonry supply yards, some stove dealers and even online. That will generally be much easier than getting factory parts.

Go to your local concrete yard. I picked up some firebrick for my Century for a couple bucks each. Mine are normal sized except for 2 that have been cut.

Matt

Those are some serious rounds on the right brother.... I like it.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll check out my local purveyor of bricks.
Gunner, those rounds are my all-nighters. They'll burn about 10 hours : )

Ya, you should be able to get the firebricks just about anywhere.

I messed around with some 8-9" rounds last year...it was fun. Came to the conclusion that six 6"rounds perfectly fill the firebox and and is absolutely as good as it gets.

trust me, if you cannot get locally , try the manufacturer first , lowes will just have to order from factory anyway , you should get what you want faster through the factory and they will likely ship right to your door (we do) as opposed to having to go to lowes to pick them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.