Century S244e and 3/4" door gasket?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M1sterM

Aug 21, 2008
The Frigid North
I now own an older Century S244e wood stove. It was well used when I got it, but seems like a decent stove, but tiny. It even has a secondary burn system. I figured it was worth some TLC, although I plan to replace it in a year or two.

The door gasket was pretty beat up, so I went ahead and replaced it. The manual for the stove that I found online specified a 5/8 gasket. However, it seems that the newer generations of this stove must have changed to a smaller gasket size, and when I closed the door after replacing the gasket (with the 5/8 gasket), there's about 1/8-1/16 of gap between the gasket and stove at the hinge side.

I plan to try a 3/4 gasket, but that seems to be a non-standard size, at least now. Looks like I'll have to special order it, as the local store only carry 1/2 and 5/8. Anyone have any experience with an older version of this stove model, and can confirm the correct gasket size?

Status
Not open for further replies.