Century wood stove FW240007 maintenance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hairduct

Oct 27, 2013
Kempton Pa
I have read some of the information on the forums about my stove. I love my stove and I use it to off set the expense of my oil burner. I do have a problem like most other keeping it burning thru the night. I know it is a small firebox. I have been reading about insulating it between the bricks etc. I am a novice so if you could give me more tips on regular maintenance on this wood stove it would be great. I have replaced the cracked bricks inside, but other than that I don't know what else I could do. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum!

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/stove-tweaks.24784/#post-24784

First couple of posts detail what I found with the Century. It's a good stove and there really isn't much maintenance you have to do to it. It;s probably the easiest stove I've ever operated. For night time burning, place a large round in the back of the stove. It'll burn slower than a split.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.