Ceramic coating coming off my Harman glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrib

Feb 9, 2009
NW Indiana
I just clean the inside of my P68 glass with paper towels and water. There is a coating on the inside of the glass and it is coming off. Is that a warranty item that I can bring to my dealer?

interesting....I wasnt aware of a coating on the INSIDE of the P68 glass, although the outside does have a mirrorlike coating, which semiobscures the ash when the stove isnt running.......is it possible your glass was installed backwards? If so, its likely warrantee-able! If you use abrasive cleaners on the front of the glass (the coated side), it will wear off, and it wont be covered......

I have owned pellet stoves since 1991 and have never seen a coating on any glass panels.

Post a piccy of it.

I am suspect that what you are seeing is areas that do not have the slight residue buildup as compared to areas that do and its not wiping off.

Ceramic glass is just that, "Ceramic glass" or high temp glass and there is not a coating on it that I have ever seen.

Show us a Piccy

Snowy

Status
Not open for further replies.