Ceramic Fiber Board for a Timberidge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Topshelf

Up Date: Problem Resolved by Brandon at Englander. New Board is on the way! AAA customer Service in my book.

I have a Timberridge 49TRC22. Well while cleaning I attempted to remove the fake brick board on the back side of the burn area to clean the baffle area thats behind it. Not that its his fault, but Mike had suggested this to help with the burn. Its only held in place by one screw and it fits against the auger port. Well while pulling it away it crumbled in my hands :-S and is now in two pieces. I have Temporarily wedged it back in place, but its only a temp fix at best.

So I thought no big deal how much can a replacement cost? Well Englander wants $72.56 with shipping for this +/- 18" square by 1/4" thick piece of fiber board. Seems a bit high to me? Anyone know of an alternate source for this stuff that doesnt involve me giving up my first born or an arm and a leg? Or maybe even a subsitute I can use?

Top Shelf, the stove is under warranty still....call Englander and explain what happened, and I'm guessing they'll send you a replacement.

In my case, the hole is too big, and I have spoken to Mike about it already......I have a big washer holding it (barely), but I think it's just a matter of time before even that won't do....I'll be calling to get a new replacement.

Thanks for the heads up on the warrenty.
Calling them now!

Status
Not open for further replies.