Ceramic Fiberboard OR Firebricks?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mustangwagz

Feeling the Heat
Oct 5, 2014
Western PA
Sup folks,

ordered a new fiberboard today for my stove, mines falling apart. ordered from a person on ebay. about 27 bucks cheaper than factory piece.

Was fiddling around and had an idea..i got tons of firebricks layin around..and fitting some inplace of the fiberboard could be done pretty easy.. Has anyone done this? Or does anyone have any input on dis advantages of possibly doing this?

just curious to see what yinz say and think..

So whats the difference between the 2? i looked up info i could on the both and found some comparissons for them...seems as though there isnt much difference?? what did i miss? will this NOT work for my stove backboard or whats up? lol fill me in chickenman!

Ohh ok. Yah its the same thickness sir. i aint that dumb...lol

whats this vernier stuff your talkin bout doing? just curious.

Noticed the Firex on the Elena air is getting a bit roughed up, is there some kind of coating that can be applied to refurbish?

Status
Not open for further replies.