Ceramic Log Alternative

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Czech

Minister of Fire
Jan 20, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Thanks Mac. Is your screen name indicative of you computer choice? If so, mac man here too.

GotzTheHotz said:
Thanks Mac. Is your screen name indicative of you computer choice? If so, mac man here too.

Yep, you got that right.....right now am working on an old eMac 800mhz machine. Hopefully will be upgrading to a new iMac....early Christmas present, if I can get my older daughter to stop nagging me about the iTouch she wants. :lol: Kidz these dayz.....

EDIT: check out the tiny type underneath forum member Xena's signature line.....she's running Mac 10.5 software on her PC machine, and loves it!!

"written on an AMD Powered Xena-Built Hackintosh PC running OSX 10.5.8"

My bro used to work for Apple, all mac in the house, still have a 'lay the phone down in the modem' modem somewhere here, if I recall it was 1200 baud and I still have one of the first macs that had 256K of mem. Oh, and a dot matrix mac printer that was signed by the whole mac team on the inner side of the case, I'll have to ebay that one of these days now that my bro has moved to Taiwan. I'm running OX10+ whatever, not sure if it is even released thanks to bro, and then XP, and 'linus', all on the same box. Back on topic, I took some new better lit bathroom photos of the screen, complete with an upright tube of toothpaste for reference for those of you that were asking. The screens even make my hard worked 5 year old quad look nice, our primary heat source for that time. Yes, I cleaned tonight, photo is a couple weeks back, when I cleaned it the glass and gasket fell out of the door, a little high temp silicone and she's cranking again right now as I type. Low is 34 tonight, that unit is a work horse and still kicking.

Attachments

• 1008092118a.jpg
    1008092118a.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 785
  • 1008092118b.jpg
    1008092118b.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 755
  • 090911_193827.jpg
    090911_193827.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 755
Sponge Bob anyone? Thought I'd get there before the rest of you did, twin 8 yr old boy bathroom...... BTW, Go Twins and Wild! Sorry, had to do that, unbelievable sports weekend here in MN and I'm not the big of a sports guy.

GotzTheHotz said:
.....I took some new better lit bathroom photos of the screen, complete with an upright tube of toothpaste for reference for those of you that were asking.......

Nice.

You DO have a knack for taking pics in interesting places in your house.....first, the pic in the dark kitchen w/ the lights out so you don't wake the kids (sleeping by the refrigerator in case they get hungry), and now on a bathroom sink.... :lol:

BTW, do I get a Sponge Bob figurine like the one in the pic w/ my screen? :cheese: When I get the logs w/ flame screen (that i suggested), do I get the matching Patrick figurine to complete my "Sponge Bob Series"? ;-P

So after over a year or more, the final product is due to hit the market very shortly. It is a decorative fire screen designed to be used in pellet stoves to break up the 'blow torch' effect of the flame when you want things a little less bright and want something much more durable and easy to clean. I wanted to announce this here first and get some feedback, I've been here a fairly long time and respect the input of all here and Craig too. Thoughts? Thanks. By the way, the idea is tm'd and pp, don't even think about it! Thanks again, Bob.

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,384
  • 100_0129.JPG
    100_0129.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,401
Looks good. Is it compatible with all makes?

Hotz, I like it! Are there going to be other "designs" besides the sun? Price range?

Flat bottomed fire box top feeder stoves for now, working on the adapter for bottom feeders as I type....

Give me a week or two, you guys have the first preview because I'm dedicated to this site. Yes, we can do different images, but I want feedback on what images you want before we do another run. Deer? Moose? Ducks? Kids? Sports? Price placement will be in the For Sale forum shortly, less than ceramic logs would cost you and lasts longer they you'll be around and a heck of a lot easier to clean and take care of. These are made in the USofA and keeping people in work. I like the Sun Burst darn it, must be because the sun is going away up here in MN again. Thanks again for the input, best site on the whole web for this stuff, thanks Craig.

GotzTheHotz said:
.....but I want feedback on what images you want before we do another run. Deer? Moose? Ducks?.....

LOL....no, that will just make me think of a nice juicy duck, or moose, or venison roasting inside the stove..... :lol:

I was thinking maybe a set of crossed logs and flames coming out of the top of them.

That's a Custom. Can you send me a jpeg or gif or two? Or three? Or six? May cost you, or maybe I'll do it no cost depending on the images. LOL!

Oh wait, you said crossed logs, not crossed legs! Good luck cleaning both, this unit just takes soap and water for clean up, and doesn't break up every time you over heat it and drop it if you get what I mean.....

GotzTheHotz said:
Oh wait, you said crossed logs, not crossed legs! Good luck cleaning both, this unit just takes soap and water for clean up, and doesn't break up every time you over heat it and drop it if you get what I mean.....

you guys are nuts..... :)

Hotz, I was thinking something like this. May have to be re-drawn so the individual flame can be (laser?) cut. I thought it would be cool to have the "burning logs" design with the fire flickering behind it.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    3.2 KB · Views: 1,064
Yep, laser. This would work. Where is the image from? Copyrighted at all? Can you PM the file? OK, who votes the second run be Log's With Flame?

GotzTheHotz said:
Yep, laser. This would work. Where is the image from? Copyrighted at all? Can you PM the file? OK, who votes the second run be Log's With Flame?
me

Hotz

Will these be available to Stove Shops? or just by internet sales?

Both! Local shops here in MN, unless other shops order quant wholesale from me. Thanks for the input you guys.

It is not part of the door, pook....

GotzTheHotz said:
It is not part of the door, pook....

Hotz,

I think Pook is talking about the door on your stove??

Logs with flamezzzz! Or maybe a pellet head design??

Wish I could use one, But my stove would require a custom made. It doesn't have a flat piece to site on. O'well.

jay

Can you send out a pic of just the decorative piece, not in the stove

It would look crappy without the door...... I love the door on mine. Very nice stove art Gotz! i like the idea of creating a log one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.