Ceramic Log Alternative

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arnold said:
GotzTheHotz said:
Mac, For Sale forum. Tom, sweet! Stainless no doubt, very cool. OT-Hey Mac, you buy the new Mac mouse yet? I'm going to pick one up after work today, I'm sick of the other one as the darn ball does not work that well.

More pics: Stove without logs..........pretty bare !

Stove with burn pot surround to keep the pellets from laying along the glass if they miss the burn pot.........Functional but not pretty !

Attachments

• MVC-015S.jpg
    MVC-015S.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 483
  • MVC-016S.jpg
    MVC-016S.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 494
Arnold said:
Arnold said:
GotzTheHotz said:
Mac, For Sale forum. Tom, sweet! Stainless no doubt, very cool. OT-Hey Mac, you buy the new Mac mouse yet? I'm going to pick one up after work today, I'm sick of the other one as the darn ball does not work that well.

Stove with burn pot surround to keep the pellets from laying along the glass if they miss the burn pot.........Functional but not pretty !

Stove with flame pattern insert:

Attachments

• MVC-020S.jpg
    MVC-020S.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 494
Arnold said:
Arnold said:
Arnold said:
GotzTheHotz said:

Made 2 other designs to try to appease the wife:

One double wide flame design with the stainless covering the bottom steel strap iron base...............

Attachments

• MVC-019S.jpg
    MVC-019S.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 476
  • MVC-017S.jpg
    MVC-017S.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 486
Arnold said:
Arnold said:
Arnold said:
Arnold said:
GotzTheHotz said:

One double wide flame design with the stainless covering the bottom steel strap iron base...............

And the last..........A Fireball design with an open center ...the flames from the burn pot actually come thru the center somewhat during the stove operation...........

Hope this gives some of you some ideas for your own stoves..........It's neat to see each others ideas & individual installations.

Pellets........Smokem if ya got'em !!

Tom

Attachments

• MVC-022S.jpg
    MVC-022S.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 473
  • MVC-024S.jpg
    MVC-024S.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 469
Arnold said:
Arnold said:
Arnold said:
Arnold said:
Arnold said:
GotzTheHotz" date="1256931425 said:

And the last..........A Fireball design with an open center ...the flames from the burn pot actually come thru the center somewhat during the stove operation...........

Hope this gives some of you some ideas for your own stoves..........It's neat to see each others ideas & individual installations.

Pellets........Smokem if ya got'em !!

Tom

Hey, your stove looks just like mine... now I know what to do if I have problems with the log set. Would love to see a picture of the double flame when it's burning.

As for the original post... since I can't weld anything myself... I'd like to see 3 pine trees in silhouette, of different heights, as one of your designs. Nice woodsy design for a nice "woodsy" stove.

Here's one with the short wide flames in action........just happens to be the one I'm using right now..............

Tom

Attachments

• wide flame set.jpg
    wide flame set.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 415
Arnold said:
Here's one with the short wide flames in action........just happens to be the one I'm using right now..............

Tom

Nice! Looks 1000% better than just the bricks. Really well done.

that is a lot better than the bricks or log (that sits in my stove during the summer) will take one for my stove.

That looks nice, and functional too. Good job. ;-)
Oxy/Acet a little brass around the edges for some nice sparkly reflections.
Mike -

GOTZTHEHOTZ JUST WONDERING IF YOU ARE USING AN OUTSIDE AIR KIT FOR THAT CASTILE STOVE. I MADE A POST AWHILE BACK BUT GOT 0 RESPONSES. JUST WONDERING IF THE STOVE PERFORMS ANY BETTER? THANKS.

Gipper, yes, I believe in them. The stove in the photo is actually my neighbors, he does also. One reason I have is that my house is tight and I also use the Selkirk tube in a tube exhaust/intake, somehow I believe the incoming air gets heated a little and works better? I could be imaging, I do that sometimes. My neighbor has his horizontally installed, for some reason he like the oak due to that. Not much help GIPPER, sorry! One way is to try burning the stove multple ways, I know with my basement install, tight house, water heater and clothes drier going, I could see a difference flame wise when I opened a window by the stove prior to the oak.

You guys are killing me! For those that want other images, I need to move some of the Sunbursts first to put some dollars into production, we're a family owned (strapped like alot of people!) start up, so put up with us for now please. Most favorite image ideas thus far are woods, white tail, and camp fire, let me know if you have more. Production runs are 20-40 units, although we can do a single unit run with any jpeg or gif that you provide, please note a single is more than double price as listed in the For Sale forum, this is due to the image design time. That said, the cost for image design for a full production run is vastly cheaper just so you know. Let us know your ideas, we really appreciate the input! Thanks.

hey, I put something together for some opinions... maybe needs a little tweaking, but what does everyone think? (ignore the fake logs in the background) :)

Attachments

• stove w trees.jpg
    stove w trees.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 269
Thanks Haub, the pine trees are coming but with a nice white tail deer with a big rack, they are due shortly! Hope it's ok to throw a deer in there all? Seriously, this design is coming shortly, along with the camp fire one, my regular job and slow sales on the sunburst (thanks Joel! Picts?) are stalling production a bit, not the best sales guy here I guess. I'll get there, promise. Keep the ideas coming please, I really do appreciate it, thanks again Haub. Darn fake logs, I hate 'em!

Ya gonna make the deer pop out from behind a tree? LOL

GotzTheHotz said:
Thanks Haub, the pine trees are coming but with a nice white tail deer with a big rack, they are due shortly! Hope it's ok to throw a deer in there all? Seriously, this design is coming shortly, along with the camp fire one, my regular job and slow sales on the sunburst (thanks Joel! Picts?) are stalling production a bit, not the best sales guy here I guess. I'll get there, promise. Keep the ideas coming please, I really do appreciate it, thanks again Haub. Darn fake logs, I hate 'em!

Big racks are my favorite...........Can't wait to see another one !

Racks...uuumm. More than a 2 point may mess you up? I'm thinking at least a 10? I like 2's myself too.....

;-P Ahem... somehow I don't think y'all are talking about deer any more.

I could get my husband to buy one if it were a Jack O'Lantern....hint hint nudge nudge...

You've gotta see what Tom made me!! Much better than the plain thing I posted on the last page... Thanks much, Tom!! Love 'em! (I have a forest fire in my stove! LOL)

Attachments

• fire trees smaller.gif
    fire trees smaller.gif
    32 KB · Views: 229
  • trees smaller.gif
    trees smaller.gif
    43.6 KB · Views: 223
Haubera said:
You've gotta see what Tom made me!! Much better than the plain thing I posted on the last page... Thanks much, Tom!! Love 'em! (I have a forest fire in my stove! LOL)

Glad to see they arrived in time for the holidays.

Good looking stove.

Merry Christmas !

Tom in Oh

Status
Not open for further replies.