Ceramic window retaining clips for Defiance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redwine

Dec 21, 2014
United States
Flat spring clips ~1" long that fit over 3/8" diameter cast iron posts on the doors. Web searches and parts stores haven't been successful, and I'm not sure of the correct name...

This same request was posted by someone else 4 years ago with no results.

Any reference would be appreciated. Otherwise I'll keep drilling angled holes in the cast iron doors and putting in screws...

This stove puts out a lot of heat, but ashes fall into the air intake and cleaning it is a drag. The input air ducts point toward the ceramic windows but not enough to keep them clean. (the stove was given to me years ago by my brother-in-law after he almost set his house on fire - I have it on a masonry floor.)

Thanks

Try calling Ed Drexel at the Cozy Cabin, or country cabin..something like that. In Warrensburg, NY At some point he was a big VC parts guy. He worked with me decades ago when we repaired the old VC stoves. He may recall or have something.

Status
Not open for further replies.