Ceramic Wool Insulation-do you use it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zrtmatos

Feeling the Heat
Nov 26, 2012
Connecticut
I have a Enviro Windsor from 2004 with 3 decorative cast iron back plates in the firebox. They simulate a brick wall in the firebox area. I just found on a parts website that there is a ceramic wool insulation part available for the back of the center decorative back plate where the pellets drop down. I have never had this and am wondering if this is needed. Has anyone heard of this? I bought the stove from a stove shop and do my own cleaning, never knew this was a part on my stove?

I have a Enviro Windsor from 2004 with 3 decorative cast iron back plates in the firebox. They simulate a brick wall in the firebox area. I just found on a parts website that there is a ceramic wool insulation part available for the back of the center decorative back plate where the pellets drop down. I have never had this and am wondering if this is needed. Has anyone heard of this? I bought the stove from a stove shop and do my own cleaning, never knew this was a part on my stove?
My VF-100 (rebadged meridian) has the insulation. As far as I know, all the Enviros with the tree panel backing use it. I would have to think it's there to keep the heat away from the pellet chute and to keep the metal plate the chute is welded to from warping and degrading the chute welds.

Status
Not open for further replies.