Chain Coming Loose

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Poulan Pro 35cc with a 16 inch bar with the easy chain tightening/loosening adjustment on it.The problem is it goes loose quite easily and I am constantly having to tighten it back up.Is this common or am I doing something wrong.I tighten it as per the instructions state.Now before anyone starts going on about "you get what you pay for" or "go and buy a better saw" this was a gift so I'm not out any money on it.Planning on getting a better saw sometime in the future but for now I'll use what I have otherwise this saw has been good to me.Havn't had any other problems with it.
Thanks

Funny thing I just had a poulan in today with that issue. Don't know if yours has the same system but this one was missing the nylon threaded nut. Only other thing with this one would have been side cover nut loose.

Can you retrofit the conventional chain tensioner on these saws? The tensioner in the bar system they came out with has been nothing but trouble.

MasterMech said:
Can you retrofit the conventional chain tensioner on these saws? The tensioner in the bar system they came out with has been nothing but trouble.

Not really. The case is part of the system. You beef up the bolt and then take a big chance of cracking the case. Ebay has knew ones for 10.00 bucks. I got lucky and had a whole box of the same screws. Pretty easy fix and was bent from the owner adjusting the bar with out loosing the bar nut! :ahhh:

Status
Not open for further replies.