Chain Saw bar and lube

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wg_bent

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Poughkeepsie, NY
A few weeks ago I was cutting a tree in the back yard..a 60' tall dead ash. As the tree fell, it got hung up in other trees, so I decided to cut into the hinge a bit to get it to fall faster..MISTAKE. The bar quickly got pinched...then stuck, then a twisted pile of junk attached to my saw. Off to the husky dealer I went.

The old bar was no longer made and man am I glad. They replaced the old bar with a new design. I'm sure I've cut a cord of wood with it since, and I have yet to tighten the chain. Clearly better lubrication. Upon reving up the saw prior to engaging the wood I'll now see a small spray of oil, never saw that before, and it runs a lot cooler.

So if any of you out there have a Husky and are thinking of a new bar. take a good look at the receiver oil ports on the bar. Be sure they will line up. Mine is a 136. I'm glad they improved on the design.

Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.