Chain saw buddy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedengineer

Nov 20, 2005
mentor(northeast), ohio
I bought the chain saw buddy and have used it on several occations. If you have alot of wood 6 inch and smaller that is laying on the ground you will cut it up faster with this thing than any other way I can think of. I used when i cut down a tree for my bother in law. It was a maple with alot of branches. It cut them up just as fast as you could get the chainsaw to them. Once I atttached it to the saw and set the stops I had no problem with the chain hitting the ground. If the ground is soft you have to take into account for the buddy sinking into the ground though. It didn't seem to make the saw that much heavier. At leaste it didn't bother me at all.

So far it's a really nice product. Check out the video they have on their website. It's really that easy.

-Mike

Been using my CB for a few months now and the sucker is great.

HOLY CRAP, just watched the video and I love it. I mostly get logs that have already been cut, but cut too long, so I always start with my wood on the ground. I gotta get one. It completely prevents the chain from hitting the ground?

wahoowad said:
It completely prevents the chain from hitting the ground?

Yes, within reason. You attach the buddy on your bar and from what I can see it keeps the chain about 1/2inch away from the ground. If you push too hard into the ground I guess you could still hit it. The buddy may sink slightly into the dirt with pressure. I haven't hit the ground yet and I have about 2 hours on it. When I use it I go to town cutting and have not hit the ground...yet.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.