1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

chain saw gas cap linking form the cinter

Post in 'The Gear' started by jimcope, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimcope

jimcope New Member

Loc:
    howell mi
    both my poulan 2150 leak gas out of the vent hole any one got any ideas

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. PA  Harman  P 61A

PA Harman P 61A New Member

Loc:
    Lancaster County PA
    Did you try a new cap, how old is your saw ????? :-/
  3. jimcope

jimcope New Member

Loc:
    howell mi
    Hi
    Just ordered two new gas caps from ebay 4.95 pice not bad. I have three chain saws up and running now. I ran one of my poulan 2150 over with the tractor some time back and recieved the new handel from ebay today. I have a craftmans 18 in saw that I bought at a garage for 40 dollars it is a strong runner I quess i got lucky. I will be buying a new sthil in a few months. I still have my 295 poulan but it runs rough and my 300 poulan will only run for about 3 seconds. Both of my poulan 2150 have always ran strong. I have oragon bars the I can ajust the dention of the chain right from the bar on all my chain saws.
    Thanks im
  4. Highbeam

Highbeam Minister of Fire

Loc:
    base of Mt. Rainier on the wet side, WA
    Most of my 2-stroke equipment with the center punched rubber air vent thing that looks like a nipple sorta leak a little bit. Weed wackers and blowers. They make a minor mess so I tolerate it. I only stopped one from leaking once by blowing out the rubber check valve with carb cleaner. Just a little tiny piece of crud in that rubber seal will allow fuel to leak. You could always store these tools with the gas caps up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.