chain saw gas cap linking form the cinter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimcope

Aug 1, 2008
howell mi
both my poulan 2150 leak gas out of the vent hole any one got any ideas

Hi
Just ordered two new gas caps from ebay 4.95 pice not bad. I have three chain saws up and running now. I ran one of my poulan 2150 over with the tractor some time back and recieved the new handel from ebay today. I have a craftmans 18 in saw that I bought at a garage for 40 dollars it is a strong runner I quess i got lucky. I will be buying a new sthil in a few months. I still have my 295 poulan but it runs rough and my 300 poulan will only run for about 3 seconds. Both of my poulan 2150 have always ran strong. I have oragon bars the I can ajust the dention of the chain right from the bar on all my chain saws.
Thanks im

Most of my 2-stroke equipment with the center punched rubber air vent thing that looks like a nipple sorta leak a little bit. Weed wackers and blowers. They make a minor mess so I tolerate it. I only stopped one from leaking once by blowing out the rubber check valve with carb cleaner. Just a little tiny piece of crud in that rubber seal will allow fuel to leak. You could always store these tools with the gas caps up.

Status
Not open for further replies.