Chain Saw price

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Got Wood

Minister of Fire
Oct 22, 2008
Dutchess Cty, NY
I have read through many of the posts regarding chain saws. I thought it might be good to have a post that covers the going price for the models most mentioned here. Can you guys provide this?

Sthil 290, 390, 361, 441
Dolmar 5100, 7900
Husky 359, 357xp

This is intended to just just give a quick reference point on price, not a debate on which is the right saw for the job (which is well covered in other threads)

(290, 359.00) (390, 499.00) (260 499.00) (361 679.00) (441 819.00) (460 889.00)

Dolmar prices vary considerably depending on the dealer. Used to be that certain stores would sell to you mail order, and had some SERIOUS bargains on the saws, however supposedly Dolmar has decided to insert it's head into a dark anatomical opening, and has shut off mail-order sales without bothering to build a dealer network... (When I was shopping for my Dolmar, most of the "dealers" listed on the Dolmar website that I called had clearly no knowledge of the saws - I knew more about the specs on them than they did, and NONE had the saw I wanted in stock...)

However I've heard rumours that at least some of the stores have ways to get around this, but you'd need to call them yourself and find out...

Gooserider

Dolmar 5100s... around $400 ( I gave $409 with a 20" bar)

I bought a used, completely gone over MS361 from a Stihl dealer, new chain and 20" bar. Great, informative guy. $399.00 and I love it.
Huge step up from a Wildthing ;)

Got Wood said:
I have read through many of the posts regarding chain saws. I thought it might be good to have a post that covers the going price for the models most mentioned here. Can you guys provide this?

Sthil 290, 390, 361, 441
Dolmar 5100, 7900
Husky 359, 357xp

This is intended to just just give a quick reference point on price, not a debate on which is the right saw for the job (which is well covered in other threads)

Just FMI, why isn't the 310 on that list?

I just paid $530 + shipping for a brand new leftover 2005 357XP. My local dealer has them for $699.

I bought a new Stihl 361 from a dealer 2 months ago (a great saw!) with a 20" bar and non-safety chain for $620.

Status
Not open for further replies.