Chain Saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stihl 290 Farm Boss. They sell for about $360 around these parts. The 291 is more..

edited :)

Stihl 290 Farm Boss. They sell for just under $300 around these parts.

Not new they don't. But you can get nearly new MS290's for about $300. I've sold a couple (one was actually new, never fired) MS290's at that price.

Stihl MS290 w/18" bar in Richmond, VA, lists at $380, plus 7% sales tax, for a total of $407. Then add a case, new chain or two, bar lube, some files, and a gas can and you're near $500.

Husky 346 with spare chain and free shipping (no tax) for 499 at norwalkpowerequipment.com

Reactions: DexterDay
Not new they don't. But you can get nearly new MS290's for about $300. I've sold a couple (one was actually new, never fired) MS290's at that price.

I stand corrected. Just checked...I paid $360 for mine last fall. Sometimes you can get an extra year warranty if you buy an extra pack of the stihl oil.

Original post corrected. Thanks !

I missed a couple year old 20" 290 on CL that seller stated was only used 6 times for $199. If pristine pictures were current it looked like a steal. Maybe it was? They stated they had moved to city recently and no longer needed it.

Case and 6 chains were included.

Status
Not open for further replies.