Chainsaw Antics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WarmGuy

Minister of Fire
Jan 30, 2006
Far Northern Calif. Coast
I was watching the attempted salvage of this crabbing boat that had broken loose from its mooring in the recent storm.

Just before picture 1 was taken, there was a log in the sand just below the boat. The salvager had apparently decided that the log had to be sawn apart, and he had a chainsaw with a bar that was about four feet long. He'd wait for a lull in the waves, jam the tip of the chainsaw in the sand, start it up, run out, start sawing, then run back when the wave came in. Barefoot.

After the next wave, the log was gone.

I don't know whether the boat was salvaged or not. I wouldn't be surprised if that portable crane is lost too.

Attachments

• BoatRescue2.jpg
    BoatRescue2.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 409
  • BoatRescue3.jpg
    BoatRescue3.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 431
Better he than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.