Chainsaw boots: Matterhorn, SwedePro. or ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PNWBurner

Dec 11, 2009
NW Washington
Any recommendations on chainsaw safety boots?

I've been using my regular steel toed boots but thinking that some chainsaw specific ones with kevlar lining might be good.

Does anyone have the ones from Matterhorn or SwedePro? Or maybe there's a better brand?

They're a little pricey but but not compared to cutting a foot off. The local stores don't seem to carry them and ordering shoes over the internet is always an interesting experience.

Thanks for any recomendations!

I looked at both makes ,and they are definitely to shelf . But, I went with Haix extreme protecters .
Www.haix.com. Just be aware of the fact that due to the extra linining ( Kevlar ) ,they take a bit of break in . Until you get them worn in ,you will walk like Frankenstein . :)

Nixon said:
I looked at both makes ,and they are definitely to shelf . But, I went with Haix extreme protecters .
Www.haix.com. Just be aware of the fact that due to the extra linining ( Kevlar ) ,they take a bit of break in . Until you get them worn in ,you will walk like Frankenstein . :)

They make great boots I just got Thier station boot for the firehouse. I believe you can have any of Thier boots resoled

i have used the Matterhorn boots in the coal mines it was one of the better work boots i had ever have even thoe they only last a year in coal dirt an mud, they were on my feet around 60 hours a week , they reminded me alot of a pair of Danners Fort Louis i use for hunting ,

PNWBurner said:

I've been using my regular steel toed boots but thinking that some chainsaw specific ones with kevlar lining might be good.

Does anyone have the ones from Matterhorn or SwedePro? Or maybe there's a better brand?

They're a little pricey but but not compared to cutting a foot off. The local stores don't seem to carry them and ordering shoes over the internet is always an interesting experience.

There's no such thing as chainsaw resistant boots. Keep the spinning chain away from your feet and you'll be fine.

Bigg_Redd said:
PNWBurner said:

There's no such thing as chainsaw resistant boots. Keep the spinning chain away from your feet and you'll be fine.

Yeah, I know the only real safety is between the ears but I'm just trying to cover the unexpected "oh sh.." moment.

A full suit of medieval armor is tempting but might be a bit hot...

Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.