1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Chainsaw Boots

Post in 'The Gear' started by fabsroman, Dec 16, 2012.

1. fabsroman

fabsroman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Friendship, Maryland
    Well, I am in the market for a pair of chainsaw boots. I know Stihl makes a pair for around $250, but was wondering what other manufacturers make a good chainsaw boot with steel toes and possibly kevlar fibers in them? Recomendations and experiences welcome.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

http://www.labonville.com/Labonvill...ox-Toe-Boot-Made-In-The-USA--24127_p_248.html
    I wear the above boot, stay away from the two inch heel, it will kill your knees.

zap
    smokinj likes this.
  3. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
  4. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

You meant the GF!
    smokinj likes this.
  5. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    I like the Vibram Tacoma sole on my steel toed Carharrts,its their most aggressive style for extra traction.I have an older pair of Carolinas with about 50% of tread left,I drove in some 1/2" hex head self tapping screws for help walking on the ice,steep muddy slopes & the few times I climb now.
  6. scooby074

scooby074 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    I wear the rubber boot style. Mine are probably close to 15 years old now and pretty well shot. Seams are tearing, soles worn. They are BeeJay brand (lol, seriously). Next pair will likely be lace up if I can find some for the extra support and ease of putting on and taking off. All thats on the shelf locally are the rubber boot style so Im not sure where I'll be able to find some.
  7. Sean McGillicuddy

Sean McGillicuddy Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Easton mass.
    You never know what you'll find in Frenchies!! :p