Chainsaw Carving and Signs.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Two pictures from Tupper Lake Woodsmens Day's.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0987.jpg
    100_0987.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 556
  • 100_0988.jpg
    100_0988.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 886
I am looking to do somthing like that.. My stand is going to be made of logs set in post holes squared out and somthing like that hanging...Looks Like you had a great time!

smokinjay said:
I am looking to do somthing like that.. My stand is going to be made of logs set in post holes squared out and somthing like that hanging...Looks Like you had a great time!

It was a good time Smokin, next year we will try and get there for Saturday and Sunday. I noticed the carvers had between 6-9 different chainsaws that they used.

Zap

I'd like to get a 'name' sign, like the one he has there in the pic with the signs...can anyone here help out with some contact info?

RAY_PA said:
I'd like to get a 'name' sign, like the one he has there in the pic with the signs...can anyone here help out with some contact info?

Ray I have the book from the Woodsmen’s Days I'll see if anyone did advertising and get you a phone number. Give me until tonight.

zap

RAY_PA said:

Ray I just fired off a email to Tupper Lake, one way or another I'll get the phone number.

Zap

awesome, thanks! I have been looking for somehting like that for a while. Gotta love this site!!

I like the carved raptor, that guy's got some talent. The signs look like a cub scout pack project. I know what "SLEDDIN'" is, but what the heck is "SLEDIN'"? %-P Rick

RAY_PA said:

Ray nothing in the book so I'll wait for the reply off the email plus I can make a few calls to get a number.

zap

RAY_PA said:

Ray here are the numbers for Bob (Buzz Saw Bob) Home - 1-585-948-5832 and the cell is 1-716-880-4154 which I used to get a hold of him, they are out of Batavia, New York.

Zap

I've got a couple of maples in my yard that I need to drop. I'm going to leave about 6 feet and attempt to carve something decorative. I'm a total novice, so if I mess them up, I'll just cut 'em into firewood. The wife would like a saw to run, so I may purchase something small to use for the carving and for her enjoyment. Anyway, I'm watching these displays with a lot more interest than I did at one time!

Uper said:
I've got a couple of maples in my yard that I need to drop. I'm going to leave about 6 feet and attempt to carve something decorative. I'm a total novice, so if I mess them up, I'll just cut 'em into firewood. The wife would like a saw to run, so I may purchase something small to use for the carving and for her enjoyment. Anyway, I'm watching these displays with a lot more interest than I did at one time!

Uper have fun, I watched some of the chainsaw carving contest and these guys are good. If I can keep my splits the same length thats art for me.

Zap

Thanks, Zap. I'll give him a call and see if he can hook me up. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.