Chainsaw chain: what are you using?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, stihl rsc mostly. as others have said I like the way it holds a sharp edge for a long time. have quite a bit of .404 version and some 3/8.

I have been happy with both .325 and 3/8 RSC

I had always used the Stihl rsc full chisel chain. Last winter I bought a couple loops of this http://www.baileysonline.com/search.asp?SKW=woodlandpro 30rc&catID=11810 Woodland Pro chain in full chisel. It's the exact same size as the Stihl chain cuts just as good (would not have believed it if I hadn't tried it myself) and seems to be lasting very nicely. I'm really happy with the Woodland Pro and it's only $17 per 18" loop. You can never go wrong with the Stihl chain either. Just go full chisel. You'll never go back!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.