Chainsaw Goodies

mikefrommaine Posted By mikefrommaine, May 24, 2013 at 5:27 PM

1. It's like Christmas morning!

Too bad it's going to rain all weekend, the inlaws are coming to town and its my granddaughters birthday. Won't get time to try any of it :(

[​IMG]

raybonz, Nixon and ScotO like this.
  2. ScotO

ScotO

I see a new rim drive, muffler, chisel chains, filter......looks like someone was a good boy for Chainsaw Claus to have been so gracious....
    ;)

mikefrommaine likes this.

3. Missed the best part -- the tach -- to tune my 660 when the dual port muffler goes on. Now that I sold my 394xp and went back to using the 660 I realize it needs a little help.

ScotO likes this.
  4. ScotO

ScotO

CHEATER! You must've had it hidden under the gloves.....:mad:

mikefrommaine likes this.
  5. DexterDay

DexterDay

You don't already have an 8 pin on your 660? Adding a dual port and an 8 pin? And properly setting max RPM?

Yep, it's gonna be a different saw?!!?!!?!

Looks like a box I would like delivered :)

What size bar are you running on the 660?

6. steeltowninwv

steeltowninwv
    Minister of Fire

Nov 16, 2010
    Loc:
    west virginia
    ok dont wanna high jack this thread..but the 8 pin has me wondering...i have a 460 magnum and i have a dual port muffler...but i still have the 7 pin...will 8 pin help me out?

7. Came setup with a 7 pin.

Hijack away :)

The 8 pin will gain chain speed at the expense of torque. I'm running a 25" bar on the 660 so I wanted to see how it would feel with a gear change.

My 024 has a 8 pin while my 026 has a 7 pin. Both saws have a 16" bar. They cut pretty even until I get into bigger limbs (8"+) then the 026 starts to shine. My next project will be to convert the 026 to a rim drive and maybe try 3/8 chain. That is unless I really like the 254xp I'm working on. Then I'll have to pick something to sell...

8. MasterMech

MasterMech

I have 8 pins on my Dual-port 460's with 20" bars. You will kick yourself for not doing it a lot sooner. Best $6 (or whatever you spend) you will ever spend on it. ;)

9. DexterDay

DexterDay

8 pin shipped today. Should be there for some weekend fun!! :)

Your should notice the difference immediately. With your Dual Port it will run pretty good :cool:

Next step is a Woods Port from one of the builders on AS!?! Randy and Brad are pretty close to you ;em

10. Ram 1500 with an axe...

Ram 1500 with an axe...
    Minister of Fire

Mar 26, 2013
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    That is awesome, unfortunately I don't know what most of that stuff is, except the gloves of course....ha. But since we are talking presents, this is what my buddy brought over to me last week, I works quite well and is easy to use...... image.jpg