1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Chainsaw Goodies

Post in 'The Gear' started by mikefrommaine, May 24, 2013.

1. It's like Christmas morning!

Too bad it's going to rain all weekend, the inlaws are coming to town and its my granddaughters birthday. Won't get time to try any of it :(

[​IMG]
    raybonz, Nixon and ScotO like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I see a new rim drive, muffler, chisel chains, filter......looks like someone was a good boy for Chainsaw Claus to have been so gracious....
    ;)
    mikefrommaine likes this.

3. Missed the best part -- the tach -- to tune my 660 when the dual port muffler goes on. Now that I sold my 394xp and went back to using the 660 I realize it needs a little help.
    ScotO likes this.
  4. ScotO

ScotO Guest

CHEATER! You must've had it hidden under the gloves.....:mad:
    mikefrommaine likes this.
  5. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

You don't already have an 8 pin on your 660? Adding a dual port and an 8 pin? And properly setting max RPM?

Yep, it's gonna be a different saw?!!?!!?!

Looks like a box I would like delivered :)

What size bar are you running on the 660?
  6. steeltowninwv

steeltowninwv Minister of Fire

Loc:
    west virginia
    ok dont wanna high jack this thread..but the 8 pin has me wondering...i have a 460 magnum and i have a dual port muffler...but i still have the 7 pin...will 8 pin help me out?
  7. Came setup with a 7 pin.

Hijack away :)

The 8 pin will gain chain speed at the expense of torque. I'm running a 25" bar on the 660 so I wanted to see how it would feel with a gear change.

My 024 has a 8 pin while my 026 has a 7 pin. Both saws have a 16" bar. They cut pretty even until I get into bigger limbs (8"+) then the 026 starts to shine. My next project will be to convert the 026 to a rim drive and maybe try 3/8 chain. That is unless I really like the 254xp I'm working on. Then I'll have to pick something to sell...
  8. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

I have 8 pins on my Dual-port 460's with 20" bars. You will kick yourself for not doing it a lot sooner. Best $6 (or whatever you spend) you will ever spend on it. ;)
  9. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

8 pin shipped today. Should be there for some weekend fun!! :)

Your should notice the difference immediately. With your Dual Port it will run pretty good :cool:

Next step is a Woods Port from one of the builders on AS!?! Randy and Brad are pretty close to you ;em

10. Ram 1500 with an axe...

Ram 1500 with an axe... Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Jersey
    That is awesome, unfortunately I don't know what most of that stuff is, except the gloves of course....ha. But since we are talking presents, this is what my buddy brought over to me last week, I works quite well and is easy to use...... image.jpg