Chainsaw help please!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

My Poulan Pro PP4620AVX has been a good saw for the last couple of years however I can't find the carb adjuster tool. Do any of you know where to find it or order it? I need to adjust the carb as recently it bogs out when I put it under load. When I use it normally nothing can stop the monster its a beast!

Thanks
Pete

Attachments

• IMG_20111226_085950.jpg
    IMG_20111226_085950.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_20111226_085957.jpg
    IMG_20111226_085957.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 553
Thanks Fifelaker I looked them up I will order one asap. I figured out the problem by pouring some high octane booster in the tank (about a cap full) it blew smoke for about a minute then ran like new.

Pete

Pete, you have a husky dealer really close to you. In the same town.

Ya Al is a good guy I just didnt want to pay for something simple. Me being cheap and all ! :lol:
He doesnt have the tool either he has to order it.

Pete

taxidermist said:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_kw=carb&_kw=tool&_kw=poulan

Hear ya go

You gotta be friggen kidding me - why would they require a special...oh nevermind. >:-(

When I have had the pleasure to fix or try and fix a few of my friends saws , Poulans as they are also cheap SOBs,
I have taken a fuel line and stuffed it over top of the knurled end of the adjustment screws to dial it it.

If I have had no success, then I let them use one of mine and then they realize a real saw is in order for them and they go buy one. %-P
Please, no beatings. :cheese: LOL

north of 60

I am very happy with my Poulan Pro over all it has treated me well. My old Stihl and Husqvarna where well built but lacked the power the 46cc Poulan Pro. This saw isn't as bad as people think! (Beating) :lol:
The Poulan cuts like a hot butter knife through butter and runs very smooth when adjusted correctly so does my 32cc Echo as well as my 30cc Homelite. I have owned high end saws and cheepos and to be honest most of them last if you take good care of them and don't throw them off tailgates or beat them up from laziness. Now thats said lets hug and make up :lol: No hard feelings man!

Thanks
Pete

Go 6 cubes & never look back Pete. :coolgrin: They only weigh a little more, & drive a 4' bar nicely. J/K A C

amateur cutter when I was little my father had a huge sears and roebuck saw that was a two man you reminded me just now thanks that is a memory I would hate to loose! That saw scared the crap out of me when I was little we used to play in the garage and I always imagined that saw coming to life and scaring me :lol: When he would fire it up it involved a lot of cussing and yelling and then kids hiding from the smoke and intense noise.

Thank You
Pete

I ran over my saw a couple days ago. Does that count as beating it up? No, there was no damage as it was the atv that I was on at the time.

I wanna hear that story! did it fall off the ATV ? No that sounds like an accident Dennis in other words you going o CRAP my beautiful saw! :lol:

Pete

Hard to believe, but when I sat the saw down, I foolishly set it behind the atv. I'm pulling out logs from the stack the crew left me so I pull one tree out, cut it up and load it then pull out another. I usually set side-saddle on the atv when backing up and it is natural to sit on the left side. Well, that puts my bad eye on the wrong side but I get along okay....most times. I felt going over something and thought I must have left a log there but to my surprise, it was a saw! lol No harm done.

HAHA thats not cool at all at least the saw didn't need cpr :lol: and yet hear I am laughing at you sorry Dennis!

Your Friend
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.