Chainsaw jacket/vest recommendations?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonelover

Sep 15, 2009
Southern NH
I have nearly all the safety gear I need as a first time saw user but am lacking protection for my upper body. I probably should have just bought a suit of armor. I realize that the majority of injuries are to the legs but we have some pretty important body parts in our chest and it wouldn't take much to end a life pretty easily by getting hurt that way. I see maybe 2-3 different protective jackets online, Stihl and Husqvarna, but they don't appear to offer any extraordinary levels of protection. If anyone would know those guys would I guess, but I am wondering what other people's opinions on those jackets, or alternatives are if you use them.

Hmmm....I've never used anything on my upper body (head excluded) nor have I met anyone else that has, including a couple of pro's I know. My humble opinion is that your money is better spent elsewhere. Do you have a good helmet? Boots, chaps? If so....spend the coin on full-chisel chain and go out, get some experience, start small, start slow be careful and have fun.

stee6043 said:
Hmmm....I've never used anything on my upper body (head excluded) nor have I met anyone else that has, including a couple of pro's I know. My humble opinion is that your money is better spent elsewhere. Do you have a good helmet? Boots, chaps? If so....spend the coin on full-chisel chain and go out, get some experience, start small, start slow be careful and have fun.

you know a couple of pro's who dont use them give me a break...if your delimbing a tree that is full of limbs thats when most of the kick back will happen and guess wear its going to get you?

Status
Not open for further replies.