Chainsaw Not Required

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lukem

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2010
Indiana
drozenski's thread reminded me of a picture I took while turkey hunting this spring. This was the biggest one I've seen them drop for a while.

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 919
Several places I duck hunt have beaver. It'll wake you up when it's still dark and your taking in the night sounds when you hear a loud "SLAP" on the water not three feet in front of you. You turn on your light and realize that a 50# rodent just told you to get out of his marsh! They don't like the decoys very much.

fv

Place where I went camping this past weekend had four beavers in the pond nearby . . . two of which were swimming within 20-25 feet of me . . . and based on the tail slapping one of them was not real keen on me being there watching him.

Jake I know what you mean. I've been watching some beavers at times and they didn't like it.

870 express?

smokinjay said:
870 express?

Yep. My very first gun...got it when I was 12 or 13....still use it all the time.

lukem said:
smokinjay said:
870 express?

Yep. My very first gun...got it when I was 12 or 13....still use it all the time.

It perfect! :cheese:

Backwoods Savage said:
Jake I know what you mean. I've been watching some beavers at times and they didn't like it.

I hear that! I've been slapped many times staring at beaver lol...

Ray

raybonz said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Ray

+100 Best.Comment.Of.The.Week. :lol:

Thistle said:
raybonz said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Ray

Thanx Thistle I am glad someone appreciates my warped sense of humor!

Ray

raybonz said:
Thistle said:
raybonz said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Ray

Thanx Thistle I am glad someone appreciates my warped sense of humor!

Ray

LOL I just like there's others with the same sense of humor as me!

Status
Not open for further replies.