Chainsaw Safety Gear

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WarmGuy

Minister of Fire
Jan 30, 2006
Far Northern Calif. Coast
Well, I couldn't resist buying a Remington electric chainsaw at a garage sale for $4. It's got a 14 inch steel, and I'll only be using it on small stuff.

What safety gear do you recommend I get?

WarmGuy said:
Well, I couldn't resist buying a Remington electric chainsaw at a garage sale for $4. It's got a 14 inch steel, and I'll only be using it on small stuff.

What safety gear do you recommend I get?
Forest Helmet , safty chaps , gloves. Be careful with an electric chainsaw because they dont like to stop like the gas engine chainsaws if they hit your safty clothes .

Plus a pair of steel-toed boots. Preferably kevlar-lined logging boots with safety toes.

Is there anything special about the "chainsaw" gloves (like the orange and blue ones that say Husqvarna on them), or are they just thick work gloves?

WarmGuy said:
Is there anything special about the "chainsaw" gloves (like the orange and blue ones that say Husqvarna on them), or are they just thick work gloves?
There are "chainsaw gloves" they have the same stuffing in them like the chainsaw chaps to help stop the chain if the worst was to happen . Normally its the thicker top side name brand gloves that are for this . The #1 & #2 & #3 places are most likely to get nicked with the blade is the top left leg , the left foot and the back of the left hand . The head is in there some where but dont think its top of the list .

Status
Not open for further replies.