Chainsaw Safety Pants

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hydestone

Jan 11, 2006
I heard Labonville and SwedePro make decent chainsaw chaps. I sort of like the idea of pants instead of chaps as they are easier to put on and provide more protection to sides of legs. I am looking for an uninsulated pair of pants. Any ideas?

Chaps breath much better. If you need more side protection than these then you are doing something wrong. If anything a hunter should at least notice you. :)

Attachments

• 266.jpg
    266.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 608
where is the best place to buy chaps?

I have Stihl pants, I like them much better than chaps. I found the chaps don't breath well. And the pants are more comfortable to me.

my vote chaps, eazy to put on and take off (9 ply)

abj1969 said:
where is the best place to buy chaps?

Lots of people have good things to say about Labonville, but caution you to be careful measuring in order to get the right size. Otherwise your local saw shop could use the business, or you can be a cheapskate and shop online - though I haven't found there to be huge savings in online chaps, by the time you figure in S&H;they generally get to be about the same as locally plus / minus a couple $$'s

The important thing is to get a reputable brand w/ a UL listing.

Gooserider

+1 or measuring on Labonville. You need to measure waist to foot. As for chaps vs. pants. You can wear chaps with shorts in the summer. Works well. I'd go that route.
Chad

Bought a pair of full wrap chaps from Labonville last week. I wear 34" inseam pants and got the "extra longs". They'll do but could be an inch longer.

Alan

Alan Gage said:
Bought a pair of full wrap chaps from Labonville last week. I wear 34" inseam pants and got the "extra longs". They'll do but could be an inch longer.

Alan
Let them ride on you like the kids do SAGGERS!lol mine are inch to 2 in. shot tighten the legs up frist to where they should be and set your waist last.(start at the bottom and work your way up)

I have the Husqvarna chaps from Lowe's and they seem to do just fine. The chaps have come in handy since I recently spent some time taming a wild cat that started hanging around and now she likes to jump up in my lap. Believe me, a little rip-stop nylon and Kevlar like stuff goes a long way when she decides to change positions with those darn claws she has. :ahhh:

BrotherBart said:
I have the Husqvarna chaps from Lowe's and they seem to do just fine. The chaps have come in handy since I recently spent some time taming a wild cat that started hanging around and now she likes to jump up in my lap. Believe me, a little rip-stop nylon and Kevlar like stuff goes a long way when she decides to change positions with those darn claws she has. :ahhh:
Yes sir will have to try that the next time my cat decide to tango! and they will

I went with the Husqvarna Pro chaps from the local saw shop, will be trying them out for the first time tomorrow. Now I am just trying to talk the wife into a pair of Filson Tins and I should be all set.

CT-Mike said:
I went with the Husqvarna Pro chaps from the local saw shop, will be trying them out for the first time tomorrow. Now I am just trying to talk the wife into a pair of Filson Tins and I should be all set.
Good luck with that!

Another vote for the Labonville chaps. I have the comp chaps and love them for this time of the year... although the comp chaps are warm in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.