Chainsaw tendonitis?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TreePointer said:
I'm more sensitive to the vibrations, so I use saws with good anti-vibration technology and anti-vibration gloves. The gloves really do help me. Also, one of the smoothest chains I've used is of the NARROW KERF type that Jay mentioned.

I chose all of the saws I use because I tried them and they had excellent anti-vibration characteristics. Power was secondary to me ('course, none of them are slouches in that department). The vibration numbers are posted online for most saws, but taking the time to get your hands on them and into some wood is what really tells the tale. I gotta try some of those gloves, too.

I spent last weekend with some seriously great chainsaw carvers, internationally known guys. One guy was using a little MS211 and I was stunned to see how sharp that chain must be the way it was cutting. Then he showed me the real secret - the Stihl picco micro bar and chain. I think it would be a great match with that 192T.

smokinjay said:
...Yep! Works wonders on arthritis or tennis elbow.
Bachelor going out for morning jog could only find his compression shorts. Figures it is early so he will go quickly. Running across the parking lot he saw a tennis ball. He quick scooped it up and slipped it under his waist band. Just as he got to the next condo this cute gal comes jogging out for her morning run. They fell in step and he thought what good luck until he saw her staring shocked at his shorts. Embarrassed, he stammered out 'tennis ball'. She brightened and said, "Poor thing. I have had tennis elbow."

JimboM said:
smokinjay said:
Bachelor going out for morning jog could only find his compression shorts. Figures it is early so he will go quickly. Running across the parking lot he saw a tennis ball. He quick scooped it up and slipped it under his waist band. Just as he got to the next condo this cute gal comes jogging out for her morning run. They fell in step and he thought what good luck until he saw her staring shocked at his shorts. Embarrassed, he stammered out 'tennis ball'. She brightened and said, "Poor thing. I have had tennis elbow."

HILARIOUS!

shmodaddy said:
JimboM said:
smokinjay said:

HILARIOUS!

Seems both hurt like hell.

Stopped in at a Stihl shop near the worksite yesterday afternoon... man, the 192 is, in fact, a no-brainer.

Now, to find $300 worth of soda cans...

smokinjay said:
shmodaddy said:
JimboM said:
smokinjay said:

HILARIOUS!

Seems both hurt like hell.

Sounds even worse than blue balls. :lol:

bluedogz said:
Stopped in at a Stihl shop near the worksite yesterday afternoon... man, the 192 is, in fact, a no-brainer.

Yeah baby. Ya just need a plan. I figured that once you got ahold of that saw it might just do the trick. Did the shop let you run it? Most will, if ya ask.

Jags said:
bluedogz said:

Yeah baby. Ya just need a plan. I figured that once you got ahold of that saw it might just do the trick. Did the shop let you run it? Most will, if ya ask.

Also check the dealers for demo days saws. I bought my 192t with less than a tank ran through it 200.00.

smokinjay said:
Also check the dealers for demo days saws. I bought my 192t with less than a tank ran through it 200.00.

This shop would not run it, but the shop near my home agreed to fire one up and to try to arrange a demo unit from their Stihl rep. Guess who will eventually get the sale?

bluedogz said:
smokinjay said:

This shop would not run it, but the shop near my home agreed to fire one up and to try to arrange a demo unit from their Stihl rep. Guess who will eventually get the sale?

What I am talking about and you can ask your dealers. They run a demo days 3 day event every year where they let people run the saws. These saws will be in the back and can be had at about a 1/3 off list price and will have less than a tank ran through them. Its worth it to ask if they have any demo days saws laying around. The 192t seems to be a saw that is not for everyone. Thats how I got mine for 200.00.

smokinjay said:
What I am talking about and you can ask your dealers. They run a demo days 3 day event every year where they let people run the saws.

Oooohhhh.... I see. Didn't know to ask for that but I will now. Might also help that I'm not in THAT big a hurry.

bluedogz said:
smokinjay said:
What I am talking about and you can ask your dealers. They run a demo days 3 day event every year where they let people run the saws.

Oooohhhh.... I see. Didn't know to ask for that but I will now. Might also help that I'm not in THAT big a hurry.

If you find one at 200.00 thats a great time to jump!

True dat.

Also stopped in at CVS and picked up some Osteo Bi-Flex and one of the elbow strap thingys for tennis elbow. Ahhhhhh.......

Status
Not open for further replies.