Chainsaws on Discovery

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

babalu87

Nov 23, 2005
middleborough, ma.
How its made in about 2 minutes

Made or assembled?

Ya gotta love that How its Made! Some really interesting clips on there.
They should go to VC and have a special, How not to make it. (LOL)
Seriously, that program and the one Made in America are good entertainment.

I would consider it "made". I only caught a couple minutes of it but they were showing how they mold the casing and such. It wasn't pure assembly of components. Though I didn't get to watch the whole thing. I need to get a new satellite reciever then my wife can watch her shows and I can watch shows that put hair on my chest. Not that I need more hair on my chest, monkeys try to befriend me when I go to the zoo.

swestall said:
Ya gotta love that How its Made! Some really interesting clips on there.
They should go to VC and have a special, How not to make it. (LOL)
Seriously, that program and the one Made in America are good entertainment.

So everything VC makes is bad?
Odd, my parents have had two and they both performed flawlessly.
Oh, and THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of other folks have also had great results.

Does anyone know if the program "How it's Made" is a Canadian production? It appears that most of their product they feature are made in Canada.

TV only, or is there a URL? Have searched and had reference only but no URL to an actual clip...

babalu87 said:
How its made in about 2 minutes

All I know is I can't stand the cheezy music they play in the background during the show segments.

Its made by discovery and narrated by Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs). I doubt it is produced in Canada.

OH NO, everything VC makes is not bad. The old stoves were great, and the CAT stoves are great. Most of that done by the old engineering group. It is the Everburn refractory system that has a problem because it has a design point that doesn't allow for much variation from the "perfect" install. In my case I went from a VC Defiant CAT that replaced a VC Defiant Encore finally to the Defiant non-CAT. Both CAT stoves worked perfectly for 20+ years on the same flue, stovepipe, etc. When I installed the nonCAT that was it, the draft is insufficient, it smokes, it doesn't burn hot enough in the installation to keep the top tile clean, etc. etc.
It seems to me that the people (who made the company) must have changed as the company went through its various stages of problems and takeover. The old VC I got my initial stoves from would never have let this happen to its customers. (And, yes I know there are many folks not having a problem with the nonCAT's - BUT, there are also many who are.)
We will have to wait and see what they do in product design in the long run. In the meantime, a lot of good products are hitting the market. (like the one you own)
But, I do stand corrected, that the CAT products are still very good.

The cheesy music actually encodes subliminal Canadian Government Brainwashing broadcasting. After watching the show, do you feel the urge to learn French, buy a Bombadier snowmobile or eat French Fries with cheese on them?

It is a Canadian produced show, and it is not narrated by Mike Rowe. I watch this show all the time and have always noticed the Canadian maple leaf and product of Canada in the closing credits. Mike Rowe does dirty jobs, and the deadliest catch

check out the .ca on this link
http://www.discoverychannel.ca/shows/showdetails.aspx?sid=342

Status
Not open for further replies.